COMMENTS FROM THE OWNER
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. Location, location, location - prior to moving into the flat, I was renting a few streets down and loved the location. Our offices are in Farringdon so the commute was a 30 minute walk which was great, and as a fair weather walker, if it was raining there was H&I (Victoria), Caledonian and Barnsbury (Overground), Angel (Northern) and Caledonian Road (Piccadilly) stations within a short walk as well as ample bus options. We are a 10 minute walk from the restaurants and bars of Upper Street too and even closer to the fantastic local pubs such as the Albion and Drapers Arms. Getting to Central London is super quick too - door-to-door, we could get to Oxford Circus in around 20 minutes!
2. Great rooms - L-shape layout of the open plan living area gives it a really homely feel and provides separation between the lounge and kitchen, an impressive 5-stove cooker helps make hosting dinners that bit easier, a comfortable bathroom with a bath(!) and great shower, bedroom with fitted wardrobes as well as a secret cupboard to discover. We had a sofa which converted to a double bed which was perfect for when friends and family were staying too.
3. Community feel - with all three of the other flats in the building being owner occupied, it's a welcoming, friendly environment to come home to. Our neighbours are still very good friends of ours.
Three things we love about the area.
1. Discovering the back street pubs like The Hemingford Arms (for its quirkiness) and The Crown (with its great food) away from the hustle and bustle of Upper Street - as well as Hammerton brewery which is up the road
2. Sunday Brunch Café is a stone's throw away for amazing weekend brunches and great coffee! (there is a theme as I'm sure you can see - we liked going out a lot!)
3. The green spaces - from the garden squares for tranquility to Highbury Fields for a Parkrun - we loved being surrounded by greenery. When I was training for a half marathon, Clissold Park was in easy reach too.
Why are you selling? Outgrew the flat after becoming parents - it was actually a great location for new parents and we were there until our daughter was 6 months old
What's the area like? It's got everything you could want - and only getting better with the Kings Cross and Coal Drops Yard developments.
What is parking like? On street - we had a car and got an annual permit - never struggled to get a spot outside the flat and you can easily get permits for visitors.
Is there bike storage? Yes
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? It's a residential road so no problems with noise at night.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? There is enough space for a table and a desk - it's a decent sized space to get creative with your floorplan
What's the internet like? We used BT and worked well
What's the boiler like? I had a new boiler installed in 2014 (Valiant) - had no issues with it at all.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? We didn't really consider it however you'd have to consult the neighbours and fellow freeholders