Comments from the owner:
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The layout! We removed the internal wall on the ground floor, so you see straight through to the garden from the moment you walk through the front door. That hit of light and green through the big glass doors leading into the garden is so welcome! I often sit on the sofa with the back doors open listening to the rain as it falls on the trees outside.
2. The underfloor heating that we installed in the upstairs bathroom. I'll never tire of stepping onto a warm stone floor, especially when it's chilly outside. (And enjoying towels heated on the electric radiator!)
3. The location is fantastic. We're 3 mins from the Overground, a quick walk to both the Victoria and Piccadilly lines, and near to plenty of bus routes. Regents Canal is nearby (perfect for early morning runs passing flora and fauna), leading you to bustling Granary Square/Kings Cross or Camden just beyond. Or hop on the overground and you'll be in Hampstead Heath in 20 minutes!
Three things we love about the area.
1. Walking distance to the lovely garden squares dotted throughout the area. My favourite is Barnsbury Square Garden, an oasis of flowers and towering trees plus twice-weekly Dog Club meet-ups.
2. The friendly old-school fruit and veg hawkers selling most days in Chapel Market, and the Farmer's Market that takes place there every Sunday morning.
3. Camden Passage (despite its name, it's in Islington!), a mix of charming antique shops and eateries sited in narrow cobblestone streets.
Why are you selling? My daughter is heading off to University, so I'm downsizing. I've absolutely loved my time here but am ready for my next chapter - which features a wide-beam houseboat in Limehouse Marina!
What's the area like? There's a wonderful community feel, with friendly faces (and gorgeous pastries) at Southpaw Coffee at the end of the road, as well as great brunches at nearby Sunday Café, plus The Hemingford Arms Pub directly opposite. Upper Street has no end of restaurants, bars, and independent shops to choose from, plus Screen on the Green and Vue Cinemas to satisfy your film cravings. And Union Chapel is a firm favourite for live gigs, which are thankfully returning! For those with children, there's a nearby tiny hidden nature reserve, plus The Little Angel Puppet Theatre, and Highbury Fields playground for a proper run-around. There are music groups for babies and children a short walk away, at Gymboree and St Mary's, plus swimming classes at Highbury Leisure Centre. I could go on and on!
What is parking like? If you have a car, you can get a parking permit and use one of the spaces right outside. You can also buy visitors permits to keep in the house to use as needed.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? Our house sits in a bricked area away from the road so there are no cars passing by. I usually sleep with my windows open.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? I love working from home and use one of the bedrooms as my office. If I feel like a change of scenery, I'll work in the garden when the weather is nice. Otherwise, I'll sit at the kitchen table and enjoy the view outdoor while I work.
What's the internet like? We have BT Fibre 1 connection, which works great.
What's the boiler like? It's an Ariston combi boiler, which works very well. Water pressure is good (even with the luxury oversized shower head we installed) and hot water is always readily available.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? I believe so, but it wasn't something we ever looked into. Several of my neighbours have created roof extensions, though, and loved the results. They could probably recommend a specialist!