Comments from the owner:
Top 3 things you love about your home:
1. Space - the split-level flat has lots of space with one large balcony, one smaller one and then one that wraps around the side of the flat. The sun rises on one side and sets on another.
2. Location - Caledonian Road tube station is a few steps away. It's four stops to Covent Garden, one stop to Kings Cross. The overland rail service is 5 minutes down the road. Islington's Upper Street is a 15 minute walk away.
3. Peacefulness - despite being in a very central location, it's not noisy living here. I hardly hear the neighbours nor the traffic on Caledonian Road.
Three things we love about the area.
1. There are three great pubs only streets away. The Hemmingford Arms (check out the ceiling, weird and wonderful), The Albion (great food) and The Drapers Arms (best Sunday lunch). Live music, theatre and cinemas can all be found on nearby Upper Street.
2. There's a new gym that's recently opened above the tube station, a yoga studio opposite, supermarkets and coffee shops plus a lovely Turkish organic food shop which has wonderful pastries and cakes.
3. Green space - there are a couple of parks nearby plus Freightliners Farm which has goats, cows, chickens etc. A great stress-reliever just to wander round it.
Why are you selling?
I've had a lovely time here but I want to move closer to family now. I will miss it!
What's the area like?
I've loved it, been here since 2006. I regularly meet friends on Upper Street and never get bored exploring the boutique shops and multitude of restaurants. The Humble Grape wine bar is a particular favourite.
What is parking like?
Fine with a parking permit.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night?
In the colder months with the windows closed, you can't hear the traffic. In the summer, you can sometimes hear the cars but it's not intrusive.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property?
I use the spare room as an office. It's perfect.
What's the internet like?
Pretty fast. 60 Mpbs. For my business, I have to send large files frequently. Never have any problems.
What's the boiler like?
Worcester Bosch combination boiler - no issues with it.