3 bedroomed, 2 bathroom Share of Freehold upper floor duplex with private terrace in this commanding Victorian Semi Detached house, located on the popular Grosvenor Avenue. Major works have been paid for by the current owners and are in the process of being finished which includes the redecoration and landscaping on the facade and front garden.
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The uninterrupted, open, tree-filled view from the living space. Gives a sense of calm.
2. The terrace has always been a wonderful feature and perfect for entertaining or just relaxing on a warm day.
3. Living in an impressive Victorian villa that's set back from the road has always been a pleasure. We are on one of very few wide, treelined avenues. Great feeling to walk back to this property. Great curb appeal. As a top-floor flat, we've always benefited from privacy and it's a quiet space.
Three things we love about the area.
1. There's a real sense of community here whilst also being very close to central London. We have all the amenities in walking distance from local cafes and restaurants to artisan cheese shops and delis. There are 3 local supermarkets, 2 cinemas, several gyms and all the amenities of Upper Street are on our doorstep. We have a selection of restaurants that are destinations for diners from across the capital including well known Italian "Trullo". And two of our local pubs have among the best beer gardens in North London.
2. We love the green space around here from walking to work along the new river or regents canal through to spending our weekends in Highbury Fields or Clissold Park. So whether we are running around the parks, taking our toddler to one of 3 playgrounds or just having a picnic with friends, we find we are always out and about.
3. The location is exceptional for transport links as we are positioned between Highbury and Islington and Canonbury Stations. It's extremely well connected with both the Victoria line, Overground and mainline train with very good bus routes. You can get everywhere quickly and easily. Oxford Street, Moorgate, Kings Cross, Stratford, Shoreditch and Hampstead Heath are all around 20 minutes away.
1. Why are you selling? - Lived here since 2007. Absolutely love the place. But we've got a bigger budget now so will be moving to a house so we can have family to stay.
2. What's the area like? - It's one of the most desirable areas in North London if you ask me. Quiet and leafy but with all the amenities you could need on your doorstep and excellent transport links.
3. What is parking like? - On-street parking with a permit. Never an issue to find a space.
4. Is there bike storage? - Yes. There's a spot for 2 bikes In the communal hallway.
5. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? - It has low level traffic during the day and is generally quiet at night.
6. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? - Either the loft room or the smaller bedroom works perfectly as an office. In fact the smaller bedroom has a series of plugs specifically for this.
7. What's the internet like? - Superfast broadband with Virgin. 200mbps. There's also G-Network on our street with up to 10 Gbps download speeds.
8. What's the boiler like? - Brand new (last year) and very efficient. Just been serviced.
9. Are we able to do any work/extensions? - Within reason. We are in a conservation area so there are restrictions on changing the external "aspect" of the property. But for example - subject to fellow Freeholder consent, you might be able put doors out onto the terrace from the kitchen.
Tenure: Share of Freehold - 116 Years, expires 05/2138
Service Charge: £200 per month (This covers building insurance, general maintenance/upkeep and then pot builds up to cover larger expenses such as redecorating works and building improvements).
Ground Rent: NA
Council Tax: Islington Band D - £1,640.14 per annum