Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The location; amazing transport links - at the top of the street is Canonbury station which is on the overground and then we're on a couple of brilliant bus routes into Shoreditch, the City and the West End. We are right on the cusp of zone 1 so all of the above are walking distance but equally there are bars/ restaurants/ deer in the park at Clissold all really nearby
2. The size of the flat for a one bed; huge living room/ dining room and then we really like that there is a separate kitchen. It allows you to host in the living room without interrupting with cooking etc. Also it's just a really beautiful room; beautiful fireplace, nice big bay windows where you can see the street and then stunning shutters for privacy if you want it
3. The double doors in the bedroom are just lovely; we love that we can just have them open in the summer and step straight out into the garden.
Three things we love about the area.
1. The shops; there is an organic fruit and veg shop, a sustainable butchers, a post office, lots of convenience shops/ bakeries/ coffee shops all within a 5 minute walk. What we find even nicer is that the people are really welcoming - remembering your name, your order etc - the area has a lovely community feel
2. Clissold Park is a 10 minute walk away - perfect for Sunday strolls, runs and picnics. There are deer, goats and birds for you to visit (great for kids) and both ponds and a kids paddle pool in the summer. It's just a really lovely green space to be so close to
3. Fantastic choice of pubs and restaurants; we can't choose a favourite they're all great in their different ways and because there are loads of them you're completely spoilt for choice!
Why are you selling? We have had a baby girl and unfortunately need a second bedroom, we are gutted as we love the flat and love the area
What's the area like? The area is absolutely fantastic; brilliant shops/ restaurants/ pubs. Close distances to Highbury and Islington/ Angel but also really easy to get to Church Street/ Shoreditch/ Dalston. It's a fantastic mix of young professionals, families and local people who have lived here for years
What is parking like? There is on street parking directly opposite the flat (you need a permit from Islington Council but is really cheap £20 for six months dependent on car age)
Is there bike storage? There are bike hangers on the street (again you can get access through the council) or you can lock your bike on the deck outside the front of the flat or you could take your bike through the flat to the back garden and keep there. There is also lots of storage under the stairs when you directly come into the flat so bikes could be stored there.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? The road is a through road and has one single story bus that goes through (it helpfully goes up to Highbury and down to Broadway market) but at night as we're in a residential area it's fairly quiet. The bedroom is at the back of the property so you would never hear the traffic there.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? We have a desk in the living room at the bay window which is actually really nice - in the summer when it was hot I took my laptop out on the front deck when I wasn't on calls and it was delightful
What's the internet like? Great coverage across the whole flat
What's the boiler like? We had a brand new combi boiler installed in November 2020.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? You could turn the living room into a kitchen/ living room and then turn the kitchen in the back into a second bedroom. In terms of extensions - this isn't possible as the freeholders own the whole of the above of the house, having said that we never addressed it with them.