Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The location is perfect for us as it strikes the right balance of being quiet but also really well connected. This side of Aberdeen Road is a no through street so there is no traffic and therefore incredibly quiet. At the same time, you are perfectly located for so many things...Highbury Fields, Clissold Park, Highbury Barn, Upper Street and Church Street. It is also really well connected for transport with Highbury & Islington, Canonbury and Arsenal stations all close by.
3 The layout of the flat has really worked for us. Being over two floors, it gives us more space and flexibility whether we are working from home, cooking, entertaining or relaxing.
3. There is an amazing view of the city from the upstairs bedroom, especially at night.
Three things we love about the area.
1. If you like running there is plenty of different options to choose from...Highbury Fields, Clissold Park and the Emirates Stadium are our regular routes.
2. There are lots of independent local shops and restaurants on Highbury Barn which have had the same owners for a long time so it's lovely to get to know the local characters.
3. You can get the benefit of being close to other great areas such as Upper Street in Islington and Stoke Newington Church Street depending on what you are looking for.
Why are you selling? We have been in this flat for almost 10 years and couldn't have been happier here but it feels like time for a change.
What's the area like? This part of Highbury is lovely and quiet but also close to whatever you need whether it be parks, shops or restaurants and bars.
What is parking like? Parking is easy - there is always spaces close to the flat on the street.
Is there bike storage? There are a couple of council bike hangars on the street where we rent spaces for our bikes.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? The road is super quiet, both day and night since this end of the street is a no through road.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? There is plenty of options. We both currently work at home with one of us working downstairs in either the lounge or kitchen and the other upstairs in the second bedroom.
What's the internet like? We have Virgin Media's Fibre Broadband which works really well.
What's the boiler like? We installed a new boiler Baxi Duo Tech Combo in 2013. It works well with good pressure and always plenty of hot water.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? We haven't done any apart from internal.