Top 3 things you love about your home
1. Location is perfect for getting to the city and very close to Angel Islington. You can also get to Haggerston easily for the London Overground, and there are good transport links to the City (via bus or Rail) and West End via Victoria Line.
2. Garden is large and accessible - we grew our own vegetables and herbs, and had significant storage space. It's also a Spring/Summer sun trap.
3. Interior is modern, with new bathroom and kitchen.
Three things we love about the area.
1. Nearby De Beauvoir Town has a great selection of artisan shops and two good pubs.
2. Shoreditch Park and Regents Canal are both very nice, and very close.
3. Upper Street and Angel Islington is one of London's nicest boroughs. There's a huge amount of places to eat, drink and shop - you don't need to go into central London.
Why are you selling? Looking to move out of London and move into a larger property to raise a family.
What's the area like? Great access to Shoreditch Park and Regent's Canal, while also being close to sports center, local shops and amenities. For Zone 2, it's remarkably quiet, as quite far from a main road. De Beauvoir sits between Angel, Highbury and Islington, Old Street and Haggerston - so well placed for social activities and getting about.
What is parking like? Good on street parking at the front of the block using council permits.
Is there bike storage? Yes - each of the flats in the block has its own shed, which I used to store my bike.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? Very quiet. There's very little traffic on the road.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? This proved fine - I never had any problems.
What's the internet like? Always been fine - I had a BT Openreach line installed 3 years ago to reduce costs.
What's the boiler like? Combi boiler - I've never had any problems and it's recently been serviced.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? You wouldn't be able to extend and it's recently been quite well refurbished. The block is managed by Islington Council.