Top 3 things you love about your home
1) We feel very secure in our home and love living on the top floor of the building especially as we have access to a lift.
2) We love spending time in our open plan kitchen/living area. It's a great room for socialising and relaxing in
3) The size of the property - it is one of the biggest we found and also the really high ceilings are a bonus
Three things we love about the area.
1) We enjoy going to the little café on the corner of our road. The staff are always so friendly and welcoming. The food is also fantastic. We always make sure to take visiting friends and family there for brunch
2) We love being a stone's throw away from De Beauvoir town with its independent shops and cafes. It's great that we have De Beauvoir Square rose gardens at the end of our road to enjoy too! Especially in the summer when Richard Arnold hosts the De Beauvoir dog show!
3) The proximity to the station is great. We are less than a 5 minute walk away from Haggerston with fast connections to Islington and The City.
Why are you selling? We are a growing family and feel that we would like to move closer to our families outside of London. We will be extremely sad to leave what has been a wonderful home for us in a great location.
What's the area like? The area is great! Being so close to lots of bars and restaurants in Dalston and Shoreditch. A short walk down regents canal will take you to Broadway Market, London Fields, Victoria Park or Islington. Brick lane is also very close by along with Columbia road flower market.
What is parking like? Parking is very easy, we have a parking permit which is easily available and allows us to park in zone H which is a huge area. However we always find parking on our road outside our home.
Is there bike storage? Yes, right outside the building on the road
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? The road is generally pretty quiet, the same at night. We don't get much if any traffic on our road as it's a loop road that you'd only really use if you lived here.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? There are two of us working from home at the moment which works perfectly. There is plenty of space for a desk in both bedrooms as well as the kitchen living area.
What's the internet like? Our internet is very fast, we recently upgraded to Plusnet unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband which is extremely fast, reliable and works perfectly for us both working from home often uploading and downloading big files, both having Teams meetings etc.
What's the boiler like? It has always worked very well. The water pressure is very good and there is always hot water available.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? You can make changes to the inside of the property e.g. painting, flooring, updating bathroom/kitchen etc as long as it's nothing structural.
SHARED OWNERSHIP INFORMATION:
The flat is available from £185,500 which represents 35% share, based on a full market valuation of £530,000
- You can buy an additional 10% or more of the home's full market value at any time. If you can afford to, you can buy over 10% in multiples of 5%. That's 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, and so on - right up to the point where you own 90%. Your next step after that is to buy the last 10% in one go so that you own 100%
- All potential shared ownership buyers will need to complete an Apply to Buy form on our website at: soresi.co.uk
- Potential buyers must not own a property.
- Potential buyers must be UK residents.
- The maximum household income cannot be higher than £90,000 (within London) or be able to buy a suitable property outright.
Typical monthly payments:
SO Resi Payment (Shared Ownership Scheme) - £579.70 per month
Service Charge - £82.77 per month
Total Monthly Charge - £662.47 plus mortgage required for share.