Comments from the owner:
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The location. It's cultured, fun, but also has miles of beautiful green space and it's so quick to get anywhere. It's a really peaceful flat, despite being so close to Homerton Hospital, as the ambulances don't use sirens outside and park on the other side of the estate. The community on the estate is really lovely, especially the immediate neighbours who came round when I moved in to bring me a cuppa before I had a kettle, and have taken signature for more packages than I can count. The allotments and communal green spaces with roses and lavender make the place feel homey.
2. This is an unusually large, bright flat for the area and it feels really spacious inside. I have a kingsize bed and it doesn't feel cramped in the bedroom, plus there is loads of storage all over the house. It's also south facing so you get nice light in the living room and kitchen all day.
3. The thing that attracted me most to the flat when I saw it was the unusual dining space in-between the kitchen and living room. It is a cozy little nook and so nice for small dinner parties, but also great to work in during the day as it feels so light and bright. There is potential to knock this area through to make one big open plan kitchen living room, or just a bigger kitchen, but I think it's a nice, unusual feature.
Three things we love about the area.
1. The flat is very central and right in the middle of lots of great places. I can cycle into Oxford Street in 35-40 minutes, and it's only 7 minutes walk to Homerton Overground, (from which it's a 7 minute train ride to Stratford International & 9 minute ride to Highbury and Islington) and it's close to Clapton and Hackney Central Stations too. The area is very well served by buses too. Parking is available at the apartment and you can get guest scratch cards from the council which are cheap and straightforward to use - and ensure you can always find a parking spot.
2. I love how social the location is. The flat is 2 minutes walk from Chatsworth Road, which has lots of lovely coffee shops, cafes, restaurants, and a 1920s style Art Deco cinema and cocktail bar called The Castle. The Adam and Eve & Eagle pubs do great food and lots of space for big group gatherings, and there are lots of very lovely restaurants including Krapow, Jim's Cafe and Silver Linings close by too. When I lived elsewhere, I would travel miles to get to these restaurants - they're that good. Hackney Wick and Dalston are both 10 minute cab rides away and have great nightlife and clubs, and you have the Moth Club for comedy, the Hackney Empire theatre, and the Picture House for film all in walking distance.
3. It's also very close to lots of green space and nice walks. Millfields, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Victoria Park or Hackney Marshes are all in walking distance. It's weird that you can have somewhere so central and in 10 minutes be somewhere that feels almost like the countryside (Walthamstow Marshes are a 10 minute cycle up the canal). I'm looking to buy my next house in the same area...
Why are you selling? Because my partner and I are looking to buy a flat together with a second bedroom ;)
What's the area like? I love this area, I grew up here and I have lived all over but always come back because it's so full of life, greenery and culture.
What is parking like? Very good. I don't have a car but parking is available at the apartment and you can get guest scratch cards from the council which are cheap and straightforward to use - and ensure you can always find a parking spot.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? Very quiet - It's a really peaceful flat, despite being so close to Homerton Hospital, as the ambulances don't use sirens outside and park on the other side of the estate. The house is off-road so not much noise at all!
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? It's nice to have a few possible areas to work - I like to work in the living room and the dining area but there is also place for a desk in the bedroom or a 2-person table in the kitchen.
What's the internet like? I have the highest speed internet on the market as I need it for work - v fast upload and download speeds and actually very inexpensive, only £26 a month.
What's the boiler like? I replaced the boiler and electric circuit board when I moved in 2 years ago to the most energy efficient and reliable ones available.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? You'd have to apply for planning permission from the council but other flats have done this with no issues. I was planning on knocking through the bathroom and toilet which you would have to get permission to do. You could also knock through the kitchen and dining area or even the kitchen, dining area and living room to make one big open plan space! Other flats with the same lay out in the block have done this. I got a quote to replace kitchen, toilet and bathroom and knock through the toilet and bathroom and it came to around £10k - so not a big cost to really make it your own.
Accommodation comprises a wide entrance hallway with side aspect window and storage/seat under, leading into the bright and spacious reception room with ample space for relaxing and dining. The separate kitchen comprises a range of matching white fronted wall and base units with work surfaces incorporating inset sink unit and further space for appliances. There is a spacious double bedroom with a useful inbuilt storage cupboard, and a modern bathroom with white bath suite and adjacent separate WC.
The property is superbly located just moments' from Homerton and Hackney Central stations, and within easy access of Stratford and Stratford International stations, all providing unrivalled cross-London and inter-city connections, as well as numerous regular bus routes linking the surrounding area. The property is also ideally located for an array of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants as well as the impressive Westfield Shopping centre, beautiful Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Victoria Park and Hackney Marshes. The A12/M11 also offers easy access in and out of London.