Offering generous living space over two floors this bright three bedroom split level maisonette benefits from two shared balconies. Accommodation comprises entrance via the second floor with access to generous storage area/study in addition to a bright and spacious reception room with ample space for relaxing and entertaining. The separate kitchen, with space for table and chairs, comprises a range of matching wall and base units with work surfaces incorporating inset sink unit and further space for appliances. To the upper floor, there are three well proportioned bedrooms plus a family bathroom and separate WC.
The property is conveniently located within just a short distance of Haggerston and Dalston Junction stations, each providing excellent cross-London links, as well as numerous regular bus routes connecting the surrounding area. There is a vibrant selection of shops, bars, cafes, restaurants and amenities nearby in Dalston, as well as in neighbouring Shoreditch and Hoxton, just a short distance away.
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The large kitchen, with plenty of space for a big dining table with room to cook and entertain is really unusual for flats in London. It's also really well lit with large east facing windows, making it a great spot for morning coffee. It's also been a good alternative desk for home working.
2. The big utility room is great for tucking the washing machine and tumble dyer out of the way, as well as doubling up as a cloakroom and bicycle store, leaving the rest of the flat free from clutter.
3. The large master bedroom and well sized additional bedrooms give real flexibility to how you choose to set up the flat, with the option of using one of the bedrooms as a home office.
Three things we love about the area.
1. Great location, close to Haggerston station, and on the Q2 cycle route which provides a great route into the city or out to London Fields and beyond.
2. Tin Café on the corner of the street has thrived with the move to home working, providing a serious upgrade on the office coffee experience.
3. Stonebridge Gardens is a great community asset, with the Duke Of Wellington overlooking it a community pub in the truest sense of the word.
Why are you selling?
Downsizing as even though we've been stuck at home for the last year, haven't actually needed all the space in the flat.
What's the area like?
The area offers a great range of coffee shops, restaurants and bars, and is a short walk to Broadway Market.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night?
The road is part of a Low Traffic Neighbourhood and part of the London Cycling Network with very low levels of through traffic. Whilst the flat is near the railway, all the rooms of the flat are on the opposite side of the building, so there's very little noticeable noise.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property?
Working from home has been a great experience, with the large kitchen having provided the perfect spot, with a large dining table and cosy atmosphere a serious upgrade on a more sterile home office environment. Although there is scope to convert one of the bedrooms to a dedicated home office.
What's the internet like?
The internet connection is strong and stable.
What's the boiler like?
The combi-boiler was put in new when the flat was renovated and has been regularly serviced, with no issues.
Are we able to do any work/extensions?
Part of the rennovations on moving in did involve moving the bathroom wall, which was simple to get permission for.