Top 3 things you love about your home
1. I love living in such a beautiful historic building. It is a classic 5 storey Georgian property with beautiful windows overlooking the local park.
2. I have two kitchens so that has enabled me to rent out the bottom two floors whilst maintaining complete independence with living on the top 3 floors. I have a stunning first floor living space as well as two generous ensuite bedrooms on the top two floors.
3. I have always been able to have a rental income from those bottom two floors, and have always had settled tenants that have stayed with me many years at a time. I'm sure you could charge around £800 a month just for those bottom two floors. Alternatively of course you could rent out the entire property given its location.
Three things we love about the area
1. I enjoy living in such a thriving vibrant cosmopolitan area. It is very close to Shoreditch, the City and of course Bethnal Green tube station is literally seconds away.
2. I enjoy running so each morning I am able to run in Victoria Park about half a mile away and then onto the Olympic park. Also in terms of exercising the River Lea is close by so it is also excellent for cycling.
3. My home is seconds away from the bars and restaurants as well as all the local shops that are open most hours of the day. It is also only a two minute walk from the local park with basketball and tennis courts that I have enjoyed over the years.
Why are you selling? I am moving after 14 years because I now want some outside space. There is no other reason!
What is parking like? There are parking bays as well as parking permits that you apply for from the council.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? It's a busy road as you would expect seconds from the tube station. That said you get used to those type of sounds as you blend into the background!
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? I have recently upgraded the internet speed with Sky and so working from home is easy. My gym/office on the second floor overlooks the park and is a good space in which to work.
What's the boiler like? I have underfloor heating. The boiler timer is set to come on both in the morning and evening and has always serviced the needs of myself, my partner and my two tenants over the last few years.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? There is the option of putting in French windows to the front of the property that would give you a small amount of outdoor space perhaps 30 square feet. You would need to apply for planning permission but the house a few doors down has them so given the precedent has been set I'm sure that would not be a problem.
Stunning and substantial Georgian property arranged over five floors and spanning over 2,000sqft of versatile living space. Boasting a wealth of period appeal, sympathetically enhanced with stylish interiors throughout, with accommodation comprising; Entrance via the ground floor with stairs to both the lower ground and rising to the first floor, leading into a bright and spacious front aspect reception room with ample space for relaxing and entertaining. Sliding doors reveal a well equipped kitchen with stylish range of matching white fronted unit incorporating inset sink unit, induction hob and electric oven, and further space for appliances. A useful utility room provides additional work and appliance space, and a modern shower room completes the ground floor accommodation. To the lower ground, there is a generously sized front aspect double bedroom, with adjoining room, ideal as dressing area, study or additional 4th bedroom. To the first floor, there is a superb reception room with dual windows to the front and versatile living space. A second kitchen, with skylight window, offers a further range of white fronted wall and base units with inset sink unit, induction hob, electric oven and space for appliances. The second and third floors each provide a large double bedroom with inbuilt wardrobes and adjoining en-suite bathrooms, with modern bath suites, separate shower units and elegant tiling. The top (fourth) floor provides storage/study space with skylight windows.
The property is conveniently located within a few minutes' walk of Bethnal Green station, offering unrivalled fast and frequent links into Central London and the City, as well as numerous regular bus routes providing links to the surrounding area. The area itself is well served by an eclectic mix of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants, with vibrant Brick Lane and Shoreditch also within a short distance. Ref: ISL