Guide Price £300,000 to £325,000
Comments from the owner:
Top 3 things you love about your home
- Kitchen work surface - home built, using bamboo wood panels. I have also made several items of furniture using this - the breakfast diner (is fixed, but can easily be moved by lifting), a dining table and a small coffee table. I would consider leaving these items as they go with the kitchen.
- The outside space (courtyard) - it is colourful with a spacious seating area, designed and made by me. There are cushions to go with the bench; as well as large half barrels with ferns and other plants in there. Some of these items I would also consider negotiating to leave as they are purpose-placed there.
- The privacy and quiet: although the flat is on the ground floor, sitting on a relatively busy road, the forward facing room is actually much quieter then the equivalent rooms in the flats above. This is because there is a dense foliage which extends the length of the whole flat in front of it, blocking the sound off. Therefore, the place feels peaceful and safe. The rest of the flat is ever so quiet, and in the mornings you can hear birdsong in the far bedroom - there are many varieties of birds that habit the green space behind the building.
Top 3 things you love about the area...
- Two great pubs: Prince Albert and Lord Hill, both a few minutes walk up the road. Both have outside spaces, which make great beer gardens in the summer, and wood fires for the winter.
- The flat is surrounded by beautiful parks, all with a different character. To the North: Martens Grove park, foresty and wild. To the east: Shenstone, with its rolling grassy meadows; and to the south: The Hall Place and gardens: a Tudor mansion with gardens featuring whimsical topiary bushes.
- The scenic walk to Crayford - through the Hall place, and then eastbound along the river Cray, all the way to Crayford. On a sunny day, this walk soothes the soul, and you can even swim in the river.
Set back from the road and shielded by foliage, this beautifully presented two double bedroom ground floor flat offers enviable living space, stylishly presented and much improved by the current owner, as well as a delightful private garden providing a secluded haven for outdoor entertaining.
Accommodation comprises a private entrance leading into the bright and spacious, open plan reception/kitchen with feature square bay to the front aspect and ample space for relaxing, entertaining and dining. The kitchen area comprises a bespoke hand-made range of bamboo wall and base units with work surfaces incorporating inset sink unit, gas hob with overhead extractor and electric oven below, and further space for appliances. There are two well sized double bedrooms, with sleek en-suite shower and double doors onto the garden from the master, plus a stylish family bathroom with white three piece suite and elegant tiling.
The property is ideally located close to the centre of Bexleyheath, within easy access of railway stations at Crayford, Barnehurst and Bexleyheath, all with excellent links into Central London. Bexleyheath itself offers an array of shops, bars, restaurants and amenities, and the area is well served by lovely open spaces including nearby Shenstone Park, Martens Grove Park and the beautiful Tudor Mansion and formal gardens of Hall Place. Excellent vehicular routes via the A2 and M25 provide good links to nearby Dartford and Bluewater Shopping Centre.