Enviably located on the edge of beautiful Finsbury Park, this bright and spacious apartment offers modern living space with stylish interiors throughout. Accommodation comprises of entrance hall with ample useful inbuilt storage, leading into the bright and spacious, open plan reception/kitchen with direct access onto the delightful enclosed private balcony, which is ideal for morning coffee or alfresco drinks as it overlooks the quiet residents' courtyard. The kitchen area comprises a modern range of matching white fronted wall and base units with work surfaces incorporating inset sink unit, inbuilt hob with overhead extractor and electric oven below, and further space for appliances. There is a well-sized double bedroom, with space for multiple pieces of free-standing furniture, plus a stylish bathroom with white three piece suite and part tiled walls.
The property is perfectly located within a short walk of Manor House (3mins) and Finsbury Park (10mins) tube stations offering unrivalled cross-London connections via Victoria, Piccadilly and National Rail, as well as regular bus routes linking the surrounding area. There is an array of shops, bars, restaurants and amenities nearby, with neighbouring Stoke Newington and Harringay Green Lanes providing a further eclectic and fashionable selection. The area is also well served by beautiful open spaces, including Finsbury Park, literally on the doorstep, and Clissold Park and the Woodberry Wetlands also within a short distance
Comments from the owner:
Things we love about our home...
1. The large open-plan kitchen and living room. Excellent for hosting! Ample space for a large dining table and sofa. We've had 10 around the dining table...and lots more when we've had the occasional birthday party!
2. Space/Private Balcony - We've survived happily here as a couple during lockdown! We are able to work in two different rooms, have lots of storage and opening the balcony doors just extends it that bit further as well. Our own private outdoor space is a real haven :)
3. Sunrise on the balcony, making the living room glow in the mornings, and views of the sunset over the park later in the day which reflects beautifully onto the wall. It's gorgeous.
4. Well maintained block - double glazing throughout so we haven't disturbed neighbours and vice versa. A responsive and proactive team who run the maintenance of the block, and adjoining outdoor space. The block is really well insulated as well which is great for keeping it warm in the colder months (we pay a flat rate too as it's managed by the building which is great for budgeting/living costs)
Three things we love about the area...
1. Excellent Transport Links/Connections - 3 minute walk to the Piccadilly line, 10min walk to the Victoria line and National Rail. You can get into central London in 15mins. Excellent buses too.
2. Parks/Green open space: Two really great parks; Finsbury Park opposite, and Clissold Park in lovely Stokey, as well as the Woodberry Wetlands nature reserve in the secluded reservoir with the idyllic Coal House Cafe, sailing club, paddle boarding, and open water swimming. The Parkland walk with lots of good coffee stops that takes you up to Alexandra Palace and/or Crouch End.
3. Restaurants/Cafe's/Food! Of course there's the famously good Turkish Food on Green Lanes, but also amazing places like 'Top Cuvee' (seasonal food and natural wine), 'Little Sardegna' (a tiny little family-run Italian restaurant) and 'Hackney 215' with incredible middle eastern dishes, delicious coffee, and 20% of all profits going to War Child. And, a weird addition but...Deliveroo is awesome here! We get things from Shoreditch, like Dishoom, as well as all the North London favourites.
Why are you selling?
Ideal flat by myself for 3 years, and as a couple for 2 years - now we want to find a house.
What's the area like?
It's nice already but seems to be lots of local regeneration - especially near Finsbury Park with the addition of the new M&S Foodhall, Picturehouse Cinema, Co-Working Space's and Gail's coffee shop to name a few.
What is parking like?
Residential parking on the street adjacent, Portland Rise, with a permit from Hackney Council - it's affordable, including buying guest parking permits for visitors, and we never struggle to find a space.
Is there bike storage?
Yes! There's a bike storage room with a locked door within the private courtyard of the building. It's directly below the flat so super easy to get to.
What's the boiler like?
There isn't a boiler, there's a heat exchanger in the flat - as Heating and water are communal throughout the whole building, so everything is serviced via the maintenance team. You pay a flat rate and can have the heating on as much as you like - which given the current financial climate works quite well.
What's the internet like?
We have the fastest fiber sky provides, and it works well throughout the flat.