Top 3 things you love about your home
1. It's extremely practical and self contained - we have private access to the garden; the storage is plentiful without being excessive; the rooms are all a good size; and the flat stays cool in summer, and warm in winter.
2. The space and our ability to adapt it. Both bedrooms can double up as study areas.
3. The huge garden that's really well kept - a godsend in lockdown especially with kids.
Three things we love about the area.
1. Lizzy's on the Green. Sitting outside with a view of the green, having a good coffee and some breakfast (even in winter), whilst working remotely, is a great way to start the day.
2. The pub on the corner (Lady Mildmay). The food is excellent, the beer and wine are great. And they do and £8 lunch Monday to Thursday for a treat.
3. Bread and pastries. Literally any type of fresh bread and decent coffee is available within 3 mins walking distance.
Why are you selling? The usual. We've outgrown the flat. With two children growing up fast we need more space.
What's the area like? Great. If you want to go out drinking or dancing, you can walk in to Dalston in less than 10 mins. If you just want a bite to eat, walk 5 mins to get some of the best Turkish food in the UK. If you're feeling fancy there's some amazing restaurants within 3 mins (Perilla, Jolene and the Flying Frenchman). If you're planning a night in or a dinner party, you've got one of the best grocers in London on your doorstep, with a fantastic butchers next door. Oh and the neighbourhood pubs are great.
What is parking like? It's fine. We don't drive but if you do, there is parking on various streets less than 2 mins away.
Is there bike storage? Yes. We've got a secure, private shed, right by our front door with a living roof. It fits up to 4 bikes, there's also significant internal storage should you need it.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? It's moderately busy - but being in the lower ground floor we rarely notice traffic. At night it's very quiet
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? Fine. Two of us have comfortably worked at home (apart from the kids element).
What's the internet like? Great. We're on Virgin and get their fastest speed. BT available and they've just laid the cable for G-network.
What's the boiler like? Great. We bought it about 10 years ago and have had it serviced regularly. The water pressure is very good and we have a Nest thermostat.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? We've toyed with re-modelling it internally but never seriously. The space works well already and there are few advantages.