Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The split level layout makes the flat feel like a 'house'. Being able to go upstairs to bed feels like a luxury you don't get in many similarly-sized flats. It's also brilliant when we have guests staying that there are separate 'zones' we can use and it just makes it feel like we have so much space.
2. The view from the living room and master bedroom is a little green oasis in the spring and summer months. The trees chart the changing seasons and despite being so central, when we're sat in our living room or lying in bed, all we can see out of the window is nature.
3. The sense of community in the building is amazing. The centre hosts a variety of community events and there are so many opportunities to get to know others in the building. We've really enjoyed getting to know our neighbours.
Three things we love about the area.
1. The location is absolutely incredible. There are bus stops a moment's walk away that take you to Kings Cross, Oxford Circus and Waterloo. We're a 3 minute walk to Essex Road station, which takes you into the City or north towards Alexandra Palace. We are also close to Highbury and Islington (Victoria), Angel (Northern) and Canonbury (Overground), so can get anywhere in London very easily.
2. There is an abundance of great coffee shops within a 10 minute walk, whether towards Upper Street, Church Street or De Beauvoir. Some of our favourites are the De Beauvoir Deli, Pophams and Lizzie's on the Green.
3. There are so many amazing walks and green spaces. We can spend our weekends trundling towards Exmouth Market, walking Regent's Canal towards Kings Cross and Camden, or East towards London Fields, Broadway Market and Victoria Park, as well as enjoying Highbury Fields, Clissold Park and the New River Walk which is less than 5 minutes from our front door.
1. Why are you selling? We love Islington and it has been a fantastic area to live in - we are really going to miss it! We have jobs in South London and as a growing family need a shorter commute
2. What's the area like? This is what we'll most miss about living in this flat. It's close to everything you could ever need - parks, coffee shops, restaurants, running routes, public transport, great pubs. Upper Street and Angel have a huge range of shops and it feels like everything is on your doorstep.
3. What is parking like? You can apply for estate parking outside the flat, or permits are available from as little as £28 a year, for on-street parking (depending on the type of car).
4. Is there bike storage? Yes - there are secure bike hangars outside the flat - the council can issue keys for these.
5. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? With double glazed windows, we barely hear the traffic and even with windows open in the Summer, it's rare to hear the noise!
6. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? The second bedroom is currently used as a nursery, and can easily accommodate a desk / office space, as well as a double bed and storage.
7. What's the internet like? We have Virgin Media and it's incredibly fast.
8. What's the boiler like? We have a Worcester boiler that was imstalled in March 2018. It is serviced annually and we've never had any problems with it.
9. Are we able to do any work/extensions? We've recently replaced all the carpets upstairs and laid down wooden flooring on the lower floor. Some flats in the building have been knocked through to have open-plan living on the bottom floor.
Tenure: 181 Year Lease, expiring 06/2203
Service Charge: £1,621.92 per annum
Ground Rent: £10 per annum
Council Tax: Islington Band C - £1,457.90 per annum 21/22
EPC: Rated C