Top 3 things you love about your home
1. When we first saw the flat we really fell in love with the big airy living room, with the original floorboards and the two large windows it really spoke to us.
2. We love that the building comes with quite a bit of in-built storage, with two cupboard spaces in the corridor, three large cupboards in the living room, plenty of space in the kitchen and an outdoor cupboard for everything else.
3. We love older characterful buildings and Carrick House is a beautiful listed red brick dating back to the early 1900's.
Three things we love about the area...
1. One of the biggest reasons we bought the flat in the first place is due to the location. We are within a very quick walk of both Caledonian Road tube station and Caledonian Road train station, making it super convenient to get up to North London to see family or to get to Heathrow when we wanted to get away for a bit.
2. In spite of the great local transport links we really enjoy being able to walk the city. It's a quick walk from here to the lovely canal walks that run through Islington and Camden and Regents Park is only a 30 minute walk from here. Our location is also perfect for getting to some of the best areas in London for dinner and drinks. The new developments around Kings Cross are a 20 minute walk away. We are also within similar walking distances from Highbury & Islington and Camden, both with lots of choices for food and drinks.
3. The area is super convenient for grocery shopping with a Sainsbury's & Tesco locals right by the tube station. A short walk away are the Colonel Fawcett and the Depot, two of our favourite local pubs. The Depot also shares its space with the Pleasance Theatre where we have seen many big name comedians perform in an intimate theatre setting.
Why are you selling? - Our circumstances have changed
What's the area like? - The local area is busy but never feels intimidating. The estate is pretty friendly and our relationships with the other residence in our block have been good.
What is parking like? - Ownership of the property gives you the right to park in the resident parking areas around the area. There is little parking to the front of the building but there is plenty to the rear on Roman Way, we have never had trouble finding a parking spot.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? - The flat is on Caledonian Road, it's a busy thoroughfare into central London, during the day there is some traffic noise in the rooms that face the main road, less so in the evenings. The rooms to the rear of the flat, including the master bedroom, face into one of the courtyards in the estate which is very quiet.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? - We currently have the second bedroom set up as an office so it's pretty easy going working from home right now. Even if you couldn't use the second bedroom as an office the living room and kitchen are both big enough that you could comfortably have a workstation in each and still have a sofa area to chill out on after work.
What's the internet like? - We have EE and we get around a 50-60mb download speed on average.
What's the boiler like? - It's a gas boiler with a hot water tank.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? - The building is grade two listed so far as we are aware no work is allowed without the consent of Islington Council.