Comments from the owners:
Top three things you love about your home
1. The spacious, open feel of the flat is perfect for entertaining and general family life. There's a partial divide between kitchen and living space meaning you're never fully away from guests in the front room, but dirty dishes can be forgotten about in the kitchen. As it's a purpose built property the design is incredibly practical, with well proportioned rooms and absolutely loads of storage. Finally, it stays cool through the summer and is easy to keep warm in the winter.
2. We've really enjoyed the large private south-west facing garden and will miss some of the plants we need to leave behind. It's very easy to maintain, has plenty of shade from some lovely mature trees and is perfect for summer BBQs and evening drinks! There's even enough space for a small shed to store bikes and garden equipment - which is great for freeing up space in the flat. It's also lovely to sit in the front room with the patio doors open listening to the wind rustling through the leaves on the trees.
3. The flat is incredibly quiet despite being so close and well connected to central London (Victoria and Piccadilly tubes, Thameslink and trains to the City). My parents can't believe they're in zone 2 when they visit! It's also really secure as there's a gated entry with a key fob.
Three things we love about the area.
1. You almost never need to leave Finsbury Park as everything is here. Incredible selection of pubs, wine bars, cafes, shops and restaurants - there's even an independent theatre, Picturehouse cinema and the legendary late night bowling alley Rowans! We especially enjoy the Stroud Green Farmers market on Sunday mornings, lovely local feel with a great variety of food to eat there or shopping for the week.
2. It's wonderful having Finsbury Park on your doorstep as there's always so much going on. There are great playgrounds for families and various sports clubs for keeping fit, including park run. You can relax with a gentle walk around the tree lined park or mess about on the boating lake. There's even Wireless festival and huge gigs every summer (George Ezra is playing in 2022).
3. We're both big football fans and really enjoy having Arsenal on our doorstep. Even if you don't like football, home games bring a fantastic atmosphere.
1. Why are you selling? We've been really happy here and very sad to leave, but we're keen to move closer to our friends in South London
2. What's the area like? Finsbury Park is a fantastic area for all the reasons described above. It's incredibly vibrant with loads to do. You almost don't need to leave, but if you do it's also amazingly well connected (central London is only 10 min tube ride away). There's also lots of new stuff coming in the City North development at the station.
3. What is parking like? Permit holder parking on Durham and Hatley Roads, always really easy to get a space. Can get off road and garage parking on Thistlewood Close. There's also a loading spot directly by the gated entrance.
4. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? The property is nestled in a gated development and it's really quiet here as no through road passes by the property, just access from Thistlewood Close. Vicitors often comment on how quiet it is.
5. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? Working from home has been going really well. There's plenty of space in both of the bedrooms to set up a desk. We've also worked at the kitchen table and in the garden to break things up. Also, there's a great selection of lunch spots close by!
6. What's the internet like? Super quick, can get ultrafast fibre optic, 500+ Mb
7. What's the boiler like? It's a modern Worcester combi-boiler. Hot water and central heating work well. The water pressure is really good for showers or quickly running a bath.
8. Are we able to do any work/extensions? I don't think we could extend, but internal works to remodel layout would be OK.