Top 3 things you love about your home
1. It has the ambience of a charming, tranquil cottage whilst being in the midst of central London with quick access to public transport to the City and West End.
2. The walled garden is peaceful and private with plenty of sunshine and an abundance of roses, ivy, lavender and hydrangeas. It is a wonderful environment to relax and find headspace but equally ideal to entertain friends and family. The garden is very green with luscious plants all year round. We've even entertained in December with a fire pit and covered the back trellis in fairy lights. It is also unusually quiet for London.
3. We love the character and style of the property, there is so much bright space, a gorgeous bay window with quintessential shutters, a large main lounge and country style kitchen with a butler sink and victorian-esque tiles. I adore how all the rooms at the back enter into the incredible garden. You get a lovely through draft of fresh air in the summer and can see the beautiful plants when you are sitting in each room. When you are in the main living room you look out at the beautiful ivy greenery in the front garden which provides privacy from the road.
3 things we love about the area.
1. The flat is located between Clissold Park and Highbury Fields and Upper Street and Church Street. There is a perfect mix of little quirky independents in Highbury Barn village and Stoke Newington combined with the main shops, cinemas and gyms in Islington. Most of the local shop owners know us by name and our regular coffee order. We love the Good Egg restaurant for chocolate babka and our favourite coffee is from Finks.
2. You are within walking distance to many incredible places right on your doorstep. In five minutes you can be outdoor swimming in the local reservoir, watching a family of Roe Deer in Clissold Park, playing tennis in Highbury fields, having award winning thai food at Farang or going to famous author reading at the local bookshop.
3. Since we've had our son there is a lovely community of new parents, so many baby classes and fun and interesting activities as a family. We have been so lucky to make so many local friends.
1. Why are you selling? We have just had a baby and want to move back to the part of the country we are originally from so he can be closer to his grandparents. We have absolutely loved living in Islington for almost ten years.
2. What's the area like? You are spoilt for choice with delicious independent cafes and restaurants, amazing yoga studios and quirky shops. Incredible parks with Clissold and Highbury Fields, an abundance of green space. Church street in Stoke Newington is very fashionable. We love the reservoir for outdoor swimming, paddle board yoga. There is a fantastic climbing wall, The Castle. There are stunning river walks very close by around the reservoirs and nature reserve.
3. What is parking like? Very easy. Aberdeen Road is a quiet street and we have always parked outside the property's front door and have had lots of visitors park easily too.
4. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? Very quiet and low pollution.
5. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? There is an ideal office / third bedroom which opens out onto the garden. It is very quiet and a bright and positive working space with high ceilings. We have good internet signal and a landline.
6. What's the internet like? We have sky broadband with good signal.
7. What's the boiler like? We have never had any problems it is very efficient we have had yearly checks, we installed new radiators in the last 9 months. It is a combination boiler, nothing was picked up when we had our survey in 2016. Worcester Greenstar 24 I junior HE Combi Boiler.
8. Are we able to do any work/extensions? We have never explored this option however due to the size of the garden there would be space to expand into it or potentially add a garden office.