Comments from the owner:
Top 3 things we love about our home:
1. We spend most of our time in the spacious, bright kitchen-diner. There's plenty of space to entertain, for the children to play, and to cook up a storm. We particularly love the custom carpentry banquette seating we installed which is great for family meals and entertaining
2. We love the elegant period features of the house - the high ceilings, original coving and large windows. We worked carefully with a designer to ensure that our renovations were in tune with the classic style of the property
3. This may sound strange, but we do love our Utility Room! We dug out the damp, dark coal bunkers to transform them into a large, functional laundry room, with plenty of space for a washer, dryer, sink, toilet and for hanging clothes and storage
Top 3 things we love about the area.
1. It's a very quiet and peaceful area, especially since the introduction of the "Low Traffic Neighbourhood". There are no through roads so very little traffic. The streets are safe for children - our son learnt to ride his bike right outside our front door. It's completely silent at night, no noise at all
2. Arlington Square is a beautiful spot for reading a book, having a picnic, or for children to play. And it's the epicentre of a vibrant community - the Arlington Square Association maintains the square to an excellent standard and runs regular fetes and events to raise funds. On weekend afternoons, local families hang out there and the children make friends and play together
3. We're only ten minutes' walk from the unique shops, restaurants and buzz of Upper Street and all the amenities of Angel, and it's only a 30 minute walk to our workplaces in the West End
Why are you selling? We are looking to move closer to our extended family in Blackheath, so that we can be nearer to our children's grandparents and cousins. We will be very sad to leave the area, as we've lived in Islington for 15 years
What's the area like? The nearby streets are quiet, peaceful and safe, with a lovely community vibe centred on Arlington Square and Pophams cafe. The canal is close by for a walk, run or cycle
What is parking like? Lots of on-street parking available, we almost always park right outside our front door. Resident permits are inexpensive and easy to get from the council
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? It's a very quiet and peaceful area, especially since the introduction of the "Low Traffic Neighbourhood". There are no through roads so very little traffic. The streets are safe for children - our son learnt to ride his bike right outside our front door. It's completely silent at night, no noise at all
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? We have both worked from home for the past year without any issues. I'm typing this from my desk overlooking the garden, with plenty of desk-space and natural light. The internet is very fast (see below)
What's the internet like? Excellent - we have Virgin Media Fibre Optic, download speed is usually >200Mbps. It can support Netflix, online gaming and zoom calls all at the same time with no problems at all
What's the boiler like? It's in excellent condition and we've had no problems. We installed it in 2015 and it is serviced every year by British Gas
Are we able to do any work/extensions? With appropriate planning permissions, yes. We extensively renovated in 2015 (including digging out and tanking the Utility Room) with no problems
A beautiful three bedroom terraced Victorian property enjoying a wealth of period charm and original features including high ceilings, cornicing and fireplaces, superbly upgraded to a high standard throughout with stylish interiors and modern design. Accommodation comprises entrance via the raised ground floor into a hallway with stairs both down to the lower ground and up to the first floor level. A bright and spacious double length through reception room enjoys tall shuttered windows to the front and rear, as well as an ornate cast iron feature fireplace to the front section. To the rear of the property, a versatile third bedroom/study looks out over the charming landscaped courtyard garden. To the lower ground floor, there is a wonderful front aspect reception/dining room with exposed brick chimney recess and open plan layout into the luxury kitchen. The kitchen itself, flooded with natural light from a rear aspect conservatory overlooking the garden, comprises a high quality range of matching wall and base units with work surfaces incorporating inset sink unit, induction hob with overhead extractor, double wall mounted electric oven, and further space for appliances. There is also a useful storage area off the conservatory. To the front of the property there is a further patio area as well as a hidden utility/store room beneath the front steps/pavement with ample additional appliance and work space. To the first floor, there are two well proportioned double bedrooms, with bespoke inbuilt wardrobes to the inviting front aspect master. An elegant family bathroom completes the accommodation with contemporary style bath suite and beautiful tiling.
The property is superbly located within a short walk of both Essex Road and Angel stations, as well as numerous regular bus routes all providing exceptional cross-London connections. The area is well served by a fashionable array of shops, bars, restaurants and amenities, including all that Upper Street has to offer.