Comments from the owner:
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. It's a very bright space, full of natural light, you never feel bored being indoors
2. Top floor flat, very quiet, no noise from neighbours.
3. Bedroom very peaceful to sleep in and lovely to wake up to bird songs
Three things we love about the area.
1. Location is just fantastic for transport, bus or train, when I lived here, I never needed to own a car or to plan ahead.
2. There a many trendy, quirky, art field pubs around that serves lovely lunches/ dinners. There is the De Beauvoir Deli Co few minutes walk away , one-stop fine food shop and takeaway serving an array of homemade produce alongside locally sourced artisan food and drink. Mira food Store is literarily across the road that's serves excellent coffees and indulgent cakes and pastries. The lunch options are always tasty, super fresh and made to order and a very nice/ friendly team too!
3 I lived in the area over 10 years and never felt uncomfortable. Always felt safe to walk home after a late night as a single woman.
1. Why are you selling? - I had to leave Southgate road because we started a family. I now have 2 children, we needed a bigger space.
2. What's the area like. - The property is a matter of a few doors down from De Beauvoir's parade of shops and delicatessens and it's situated within easy reach of a wide variety of local shops on Essex Road while a more comprehensive range of shops, bars, boutiques and restaurants can be found on nearby Upper Street. You can get to the regents Canal on foot with in 10min for scenic walks.
3. What is parking like? - There are always parking available, it's pay and display or you can purchase permits parking from Islington council. However, because across the road is part of Hackney, parking on opposite side of the road at weekends is free.
4. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night?- Southgate road is a B road and can be busy at times but never blocked with heavy traffic and it is quiet at night.
5. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? - It's a bright space my husband loved my flat when he worked and lived there. He was spoiled for choice for cafe's
6. What's the internet like? - Current Internet provide is Virgin, and we haven't had any problems
7. What's the boiler like? - Worcester combo Boiler was fitted in 2017
8. Are we able to do any work/extensions? Property has high ceilings, a mezzanine floor can be created using loft space above staircase, where a bathroom can be added and current bathroom removed and bedroom made bigger. Or bathroom turned to just small toilet and bedroom made bigger, then a shower can be added on stair landing where the built in wardrobes is. Planning permission & freeholder consent would be required.