Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The space! All 1000+ sq ft of it! every room is huge and offers so much potential.
2. The eat in kitchen! It's hosted some fun parties and lots of great group dinners. To have a kitchen of this size in london is a luxury.
3. The amenities - it has so much to offer on the doorstep, the canal, green spaces, amazing pubs/restaurants/shops - but is also so well connected transport wise.
Three things we love about the area.
1. Brunch at cafe route and the barge house - Amazing food on the doorstep, overlooking the canal and with great atmosphere. add sunshine and you are in heaven!
2. Tay Do - There are no shortage of great vietnamese restaurants a short walk from the flat. I have lost count of the number of great nights, big birthday gatherings with friends and even hungover sundays spent enjoying a variety of delicious vietnamese dishes at my favourite, tay do (tamarind prawns and summer rolls would be right up there) where you can arrive with a bottle of wine, and leave with a full belly for less than £10 per head!
3. An early morning or later afternoon Sunday stroll around Columbia road market, followed by a wonder through Spitalfields or amongst the vintage shops on Brick Lane.
Why are you selling? We had lockdown babies (twins in fact!), changed jobs, and are working fully remotely. As a result, we left London for the countryside and to be closer to the family for babysitting!
What's the area like? Honestly, the best! i miss the area so much. I love the proximity to green space (opposite rosemary gardens, perfect for after-work beers or weekend picnics) and 3 mins from Shoreditch park. It is close walking distance to 4 different tube stations. There are many great neighbourhood coffee stops, brunch locations (along the canal, dreamy), stores (the de Beauvoir deli), pubs (the closest local, a mere 1-minute stumble, even has a theatre upstairs) and so many restaurants that you will never be able to get to them all. Sweet Thursdays is a fantastic neighborhood pizzeria/Italian just 3 mins from the door. finally, you are 15 minutes into Shoreditch and Angel.
What is parking like? In street parking - The side road is great for parking without through traffic.
Is there bike storage? Yes, there is a large bike storage unit on the ground floor.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? The road is quite busy to be honest, but the property is located right at the back of the building, and as such noise is minimised. You quickly acclimatize to the noise of zone 1 London!
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? One of the great things about the flat is the space. One of the bedrooms could easily be an office or fit a large desk alongside all other bedroom furniture. The kitchen and lounge also offer the potential to work from with good noise control. During the pandemic, there were 3 people working from home without any issues.
What's the internet like? Great, very reliable
What's the boiler like? The boiler was replaced in 2018, and still has 3 years left on the guarantee
Are we able to do any work/extensions? The building would be optimal for internal works, but the building would limit its potential to be extended.
Tenure: 111 Year Lease, expiring 10/2133
Service Charge: £1,887.96 per annum
Ground Rent: £0
Council Tax: Hackney Band E - £2,042.44 per annum 21/22
EPC: Rated B