Comments from the owners:
Things we love about our home:
1. We loved living in our flat for 12 years. The whole block is so friendly, we have great neighbours and a nice community Hackney feel.
2. The flat itself is big, we've spent many happy occasions around the farmhouse table in the kitchen, which is the heart of the flat.
3. Our living room is bright and airy, we can watch the sunset to the west
3. We loved our bedroom, which was pretty quiet and private.
4. The flat is big enough to easily host friends and family wanting to stay, each getting their own space.
5. We have a small outside space which we made the most of, with pot plants and flowers.
6. In the heat of the summer it always felt completely safe to open that door and the Juliet balcony to get a lovely breeze through the whole flat.
Three things we love about the area.
1. Without doubt the best pub in the whole world is also your local, The Rosemary Branch is a fantastically well run pub, with a real mix of people going there, it welcomes everyone, the bar staff used to get my 3-year-old her apple juice when we walked in, we miss going to the Rosie so much!
2. The deli up the road was always good for a nice treat, cafe 52A opposite is also run by lovely people and has its own original vibe, with soft jazz playing and delicious sandwiches on offer. The De Beauvoir Arms does excellent food, great lunch and then a stone's throw you have easy access to Dalston, Old Street, the canal is on your doorstep - full of great community ventures, and a swans nest to visit with eggs hatching.
3. De Beauvoir really is a special area, there is a proper community of people doing great things, there's the summer fair, the dog and cat show, the second-hand books sale, and garden sale. There are art galleries on park railing and so many enterprising people trying to make a small difference to their local community.
Why are you selling? We have moved outside of London for work
What's the area like? Great, after a while I always bumped into people I knew, Rosemary Gardens opposite is a hidden gem of a park, the canal is a great conduit into town. By bike, it's easy to get anywhere, the Southbank feels local after a while.
What is parking like? You can get a residents parking permit, and then there is plenty of spaces on the road.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? It's busy but in the flat, the noise doesn't really bother you. The road quietens down at night time, and the general vibe of the street is residential.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? Great, there is space to make an office either within a bedroom or on its own. There are plenty of nice walks, places for lunch and decent internet.
What's the internet like? fast
What's the boiler like? We had it checked in July 2020, it's good, probably getting a bit old now - new when we moved in, in 2008.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? No