Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The light in the property is fantastic - that struck me the moment I walked in and it took me less than 15 minutes to decide to buy it. There are 8 windows which is very unusual for a property of this size - 3 south facing windows in the living area and two west facing windows in the hallway. The south and east facing windows overlook quiet cobbled streets and the west facing windows overlook a quiet terrace at the back of Temple Chambers. There is very little traffic noise day or night.
2. The flat has been my haven in the centre of London. I have loved living here, the location is world class. Nowhere in London is more than 30 minutes away (by taxi, tube, train or boat). St Paul's Cathedral is a 5 minute walk. Covent Garden is a 10 minute walk.
3. There was a complete refurb a few years ago and the bathrooms and kitchen are very modern and beautifully maintained/cared for.
Three things we love about the area
1. A London assembly report in 2018 reported that the total population of the City of London was only 7,700 people. The City of London is a very special place to live.
2. The transport links are simply fantastic. A 5 minute walk to Blackfriars tube and train station. There are very regular Thameslink trains northbound to St Pancras Station (where you can catch the Eurostar services) and southbound to Gatwick Airport which is less than an hour away. It's a 10 minute walk or 2 minute taxi ride to the new Crossrail station at Farringdon from which Heathrow airport will be reached in 30 minutes. It's a 5 minute walk to Blackfriars Pier from where you can catch the Thames Clipper eastbound or westbound. Floating down the river through the City to my place of work at Canary Wharf was a real morning pleasure.
3. Shops in general are super close by (ie the ones at One New Change and Covent Garden) so you're more than 10/15 mins away from being able to buy something you want or need. Equally you have the benefit of several world class restaurants on your doorstep with particular favourites being the Delaunay, the newly opened Ivy Asia, City Social by Jason Atherton, Coq d'argent
1. Why are you selling? I retired in 2019 and spend little time in London these days. My daughter and partner live there at the moment but are buying a house.
2. What's the area like? Very safe - City of London is very highly policed and CCTV is everywhere. Very safe to walk around at any time of day or night. 3. Quiet location 30 metres from Fleet Street, one of the most famous streets in the world.
4. What is parking like? None - but there is an underground car park 20 metres away from the south side of the property - on street parking on Temple Avenue 200 metres away
5. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? Two narrow cobbled streets - not a thoroughfare - virtually no traffic.
6. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? The property is very quiet - WFH is no problem.
7. What's the boiler like? It was new in 2012. It is a vacuum boiler which requires a service every few years to ensure the vacuum at the top of the tank is maintained for maximum efficiency. It produces hot water in a very short space of time.
8. Are we able to do any work/extensions? Only internal decoration.