Bayford Mews is a small award-winning gated development of three dwellings which are located in the Mare Street Conservation Area. The property benefits from its own ground floor entrance with a ground floor double bedroom and bathroom in addition to two further double bedrooms and bathroom on the first floor. The open plan fully fitted kitchen and reception occupy the entire first floor with the private terrace at roof level accessed via sliding box roof lights. The flat is also exceptionally well located with London Fields on the doorstep; which offer a heated lido, cricket fields, tennis courts, table tennis, in addition, to open parkland to unwind at the end of the day. Under the arches, you'll find London Fields Brewery and connecting London Fields.
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. Its character & design - modern and quirky with all the mod cons, but also a really homely feel. Being spread over three floors with its own front door also makes it feel like a true mews house.
2. The glass feature walls and roof box mean it's always flooded with natural light, as well as feeling cosy and private.
3. Having our own outside space, looking out over the rooftops of East London.
Three things we love about the area.
1. All the streets around London Fields and Broadway Market full of independent shops, breweries, bakeries, a great butcher and fishmonger, loads of coffee shops/roasteries, delicious restaurants like Bright and Nest, and our favourite old pub The Dove, as well as various food markets on weekends
2. Transport links - London Fields overground station a few minutes walk away, loads of bus routes from Mare Street, vibrant Hackney Central 10 mins away, and then Bethnal Green on the Central line the other direction
3. Beautiful Victoria Park 10 mins walk away, all of the canal routes for cycling, and 15 mins by bike out to Hackney Marshes for more open green spaces
1. Why are you selling? Bought as a shared purchase between siblings but now looking to move on to our next homes
2. What's the area like? Really vibrant and creative, full of independent shops and businesses as well as relaxing green spaces
3. What is parking like? Always loads of spaces just outside and the adjacent streets, easy to get a residents' permit and guest permits. We also have excellent wall-mounted bike locks installed in the Bayford Mews entrance way, behind the secure gate
4. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? Not busy at all, no issues with noise
5. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? We turned the downstairs bedroom into a home office for lockdown (with a sofa bed for when we're allowed guests again!), but also happily work in the living area, the 2nd bedroom and even on the roof when it's warm. There are also loads of co-working places (The Fisheries, Second Home, We Work to name a few) around here if you feel like a change of scene.
6. What's the internet like? Super fast fibre (our contract is with BT 70 mb)
7. What's the boiler like? Vaillaint combi boiler, less than 4 years old
8. Are we able to do any work/extensions? Haven't investigated, but as you own the freehold do have lots of flexibility