Comments from the owner:
What do you love most about your home? The window and amazing light that comes through it is really special and gives the flat a unique feel. BQ is a really secure, friendly community with all kinds of services literally on your doorstep: laundry, gym/pool, roof terrace, gardens/pond, shop (that has everything!) and brilliant concierge that has an efficient postal system.
Why are you moving?
I am moving in with my boyfriend and we are looking to move abroad for work in the next 12 months.
What do you love about the area?
1. Victoria Park is a 10 minute walk away with weekend markets and beautiful scenery
2. Victoria Park Village has some nice pubs (The Empress) and good restaurants (My Neighbour's Dumplings) as well as nice butcher (The Ginger Pig) and Fish&Chips
3. Hackney Wick is a 10/15 minute walk away the leads to nice canal walks as well as amazing Pizza and Beers (Crate Brewery). Clean Bean is a really nice coffee place with really good, personal service. There is also a really good, and reasonably priced, Michelin starred restaurant called Cornerstone. At Here East there are lots of smaller places for food, coffee and breakfast
4. The Olympic Park and Westfield are 20/25 mins walk or 10 mins on public transport (bus or DLR).
5. There is a really good second hand furniture store on Wick Lane, about 5 minutes walk (Lofty's)
6. Roman Road is about 5 minutes walk away that is home of the traditional east end market as well as lots of up and coming goody places too (Cafe East, Zealand Cafe, Brixton Pizza etc.)
7. There are lots of dentists and GP's around to register with
8. Sunday Lunch at the Grey Goose is really good, and it's very close
9. Living within BQ are lots of professionals who do home services (beauty, massage etc)
10. The gym and pool have everything that you need, including classes and all equipment.