This modern one-bedroom apartment, within the City MIlls development in Haggerston, offers a very spacious open plan living room/ kitchen with double glazed windows and French doors leading to the private balcony. The property includes a well-equipped kitchen with built-in appliances, a double bedroom with fitted-wardrobe, a modern three-piece bathroom suite and two storage cupboards.
The property is within walking distance of Haggerston and Hoxton Stations, bus routes, and Santander Cycle stations, allowing easy access to central London and the surrounding areas. There are a multitude of fantastic local amenities, including restaurants, bars, shops and cafes as it is close to Shoreditch, Dalston, Broadway Market and Columbia Road with its vibrant Flower Market. The open green spaces of Shoreditch Park, Haggerston Park, London Fields and Victoria Park are all within walking distance and you can take the Regent's Canal towpath, which is located only 100 metres away from the flat, to access all these parks and other local hotspots.
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The big floor to ceiling windows and French doors that fill the rooms with light
2. How well insulated the flat is - great both to be able to have the music up when we like and to avoid the need to turn on the heating (I did it twice over this last winter)
3. The location is just brilliant - love to be able to walk to Broadway market, Columbia Road, Shoreditch and even Spitafields. It's really central and just so easy and quick to get anywhere by bicycle or public transports, plus it's walking distance to 4 great parks. You just can't beat this location.
Three things we love about the area.
1. The fact it is so close to the Regents Canal - walking or running along is calming and basically just take me to a lot of the places I like going without having to cross a road - all the way to Angel to the west and to Victoria Park to the East.
2. This area is buzzing with restaurants, bars, cafes and cute independent shops, there is a huge variety between Broadway market, Dalston, Haggerston, Hoxton and Shoreditch. It's just hard to choose where to go as there is so much variety.
3. It's located on a quiet residential street but you are close to the buses on Kingsland Road, the overground stations of Haggerston and Hoxton and Old Street tube is walking distance too.
Why are you selling? - Working from home will become more of a permanent situation for us beyond the pandemic so we are looking for a bigger place where we can have a separate office.
What's the area like? - Other than the fact that the building is located close to all the buzzing areas in Hackney, the actual street is very calm and residential. We also have a Facebook group for all the residents where we communicate about any needs, such as asking for someone to get the post for us when we are out. Everyone is very helpful and friendly, so there is a real sense of community in our apartment building.
What is parking like? There is an underground car park in the building and there are several spaces available to rent. There is also street parking.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? It is very quiet. Hebden Street is mainly a road just for residents. It is available for cars to cross it one way but they barely do. And you cannot hear the traffic from the nearby Whiston Road or Laburnum Street
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? Currently I have a desk in a corner in the room and my husband has his desk setup during the day in our dining table. It works well for us, but if I was living on my own I would likely have my desk in one of the corners of the living room by the window.
What's the internet like? We use Sky and it's very stable. Fibre optic is accessible too.
What's the boiler like? Haven't had any issue and water pressure is great.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? I never considered it but, being a flat I wouldn't imagine one would be able to do any structural changes.