Comments from the owner:
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. The high ceilings open up the flat and afford us plenty of light and space. It is warm in winter and cool in summer (we used to live on the 15th floor and in summer it was like an oven!).
2. The location has always been perfect for us. We can both walk to work (in Canning Town and the City) but public transport is minutes away if the weather is bad. We have Bartlett Park or Ropemakers Field a couple of minutes along the canal for sunny days or we can easily get to Greenwich, Victoria Park, London Fields, or anywhere really! It is so close to Canary Wharf and Central London but is a quiet and peaceful area. The flat has always been our respite from the business of London.
3. We have a private hallway joining on to the communal hallway (which is only shared by 2 other flats) and because of the building layout we don't share walls with any neighbours, only the flat above. Ideal for when we are having friends over or looking for some downtime (…as a result of having friends over!)
Three things we love about the area.
1. It is so well connected to the rest of London. We can walk to Canary Wharf in 10 minutes to get to the gyms, restaurants, and Waitrose/John Lewis. If we're meeting friends for a night out in Shoreditch, we can get there in 15 mins via the DLR/Overground at Shadwell. A straight road up to Roman Road and Victoria park keeps us busy at the weekends; takes 20 mins at a leisurely pace (or if we want the scenic route the canal via Hackney Wick). On top of all this we've got the Central Line, Jubilee Line and DLR nearby and can get to all of them in less than 5 minutes by bus. In all we can get to any spot in London, easily, and it has been a dream for the five years we've been here.
2. We love to walk along the canal behind the flat to the River Lea then down to Cody Dock for breakfast and a coffee as it's a great secret spot.
3. There are loads of good places to eat and drink nearby. Coffee from the cafe at Bartlett Park, Turkish from Kirvem at Limehouse Station, The Grapes (Ian McKellen's pub) on the Thames or the Star of the East round the corner, or endless choice at Canary Wharf.
Why are you selling? We are starting a family and as much as we love living here, the baby is going to need its own bedroom sooner or later.
What's the area like? Safe, quiet, really well connected.
What is parking like? There are secure allocated parking spaces available for £70pcm or you can park on the street at night or weekends.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? The road is a dead end so there is no through traffic. It is quiet, we sleep with the windows open almost every night of the year.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? We have set up work stations in different places in the flat for a change of scenery through the year. There is plenty of space for a desk in the open plan living/kitchen area or we have even worked in the hallway.
What's the internet like? Good. Hyperoptic is available, we haven't signed up since it was connected due to our moving plans but it is ready to go.
What's the boiler like? There is a communal heat network with constant supply of hot water. The flat has a water tank with immersion heater in case there is ever a failure so you would never be without hot water. We have used this for one period of planned maintenance in nearly 5 years.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? No
Enviably located in this sought after gated former warehouse conversion, this beautifully presented one double bedroom lower ground floor apartment boasts a wealth of character appeal enjoying high ceilings throughout, whilst also having been stylishly appointed with top quality finish and modern design. Accommodation comprises entrance hall with inbuilt storage, leading into the bright and spacious, open plan reception/kitchen with impressive space for both relaxing and dining. The kitchen area comprises a modern range of matching white fronted wall and base units with work surfaces incorporating inset sink unit, induction hob with overhead extractor and electric oven below, and further space for appliances. There is a well sized double bedroom with inbuilt wardrobe, plus a stylish bathroom with white three piece suite and elegant tiling.
The property is very conveniently located within a short distance of the Canary Wharf business district as well as an array of fashionable shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. Limehouse and Westferry DLR are close-by providing excellent cross-London links, as well as numerous regular bus routes connecting the surrounding area. The River Thames and nearby Limehouse Marina offer excellent views and vibrant waterside amenities.