Top things we love about our home
1. We love how light the home is - the light streams in and the spacious balcony allows us to sit outside in the summer/relax in the mornings.
2. The flat has lots of storage space - a built in wardrobe provides more than enough space for clothes for a couple and the two storage cupboards in the hall provide plenty of hidden space.
3. The open plan kitchen/living area is great for us - when we have visitors it gives us plenty of space to entertain - you can cook with ease at one end and people can sit comfortably the other.
4. Another great element is the 24 hour resident's gym, located in the basement, it is well stocked with the latest equipment and free weights.
Things we love about the area.
1. Both Priory & Central Park are within walking distance - we particularly love nipping down to Central Park on a Sunday morning and grabbing a coffee/cake then sitting in the landscaped garden. We have never struggled to get a bench, even as lockdown eases. The coffee shop sells great loaves and products from independent retailers - cheese/chutneys/coffee beans etc. At this park, there is also a boules green, tennis courts, a basketball court and children's play area with equipment. In Priory Park, there is outdoor gym equipment and a children's play area as well.
2. Huge variety of local takeaways from all cuisines - highlights include Friday night fish and chips from Ercans (a 2 minute walk), great sourdough pizza from the Red Lion Pub, as well as lots of options including Dishoom on Deliveroo. The Boleyn Tavern is a few moment away - has a huge history connected to West Ham United and home to Britain's longest horseshoe-shaped bar. It has been renovated during lockdown and taken over by The Remarkable Pub Company.
3. We love the easy access to generally everything - Green Street has a number of high street names (Boots, Holland and Barrett, Tesco) and Queen's Market is close by for fresh fruit and veg. The transport links are also great (on the District plus Hammersmith and City line), Westfield in Stratford (30 minutes), Waterloo (30 minutes), City Airport (20 minutes on the DLR).
4. There are also a number of Outstanding Primary and Secondary schools located within 1 mile. Including Brampton Manor Academy (0.7 miles away) which recently was heavily featured in the press for receiving more Oxbridge offers than Eton and Cleves Primary School.
Why are you selling? Relocating for a new job
What's the area like? A great new community. Conveniently located in Zone 3, a 6-minute walk from Upton Park Underground station. As mentioned, really connected. Direct links to central London reach Liverpool Street in 15 minutes, Canary Wharf in 16 minutes and the West End in 31 minutes.
What is parking like? No parking with the property but visitor permits can be bought easily. There are also a handful of Enterprise Cars to rent from outside the concierge.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? Property runs parallel to Priory Road which is mainly used for parking and is quiet after 8pm.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? I have been able to work from home effectively since March 2020, with no noise distractions and good lighting.
What's the internet like? No issues with Hyperoptic or BT connections both work.
What's the boiler like? Installed with the flat no issues and regularly serviced.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? Not without freeholder permission